On this site, Dr Sarah J Buckley, trained family physician/GP, mother of four, and author of Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering gives you the best medical information in easy to understand language, so that you can be informed, supported, nourished and inspired as you embark on your extraordinary journey, bringing new life into the world.
“I will forever be grateful for such words of wisdom, it has empowered, inspired and allowed me to experience a gentle pregnancy, birth and now parenting my son Matthew with rewards that amaze me each day.”
Arletta Nikitiuk Osteopath, Melbourne, Australia
In Sarah’s books, ebooks and articles, you will find all that you need to make decisions in critical areas including
- Ultrasound in pregnancy: is it safe?
- Prenatal tests for Down syndrome: risks and benefits
- Going overdue- how risky is it?
- Tests for group B strep and diabetes
- The benefits and inbuilt safety of natural birth.
- Is homebirth safe?
- Cesarean: risks and benefits for mothers and babies
- Cord blood banking: is it worth the expense?
- Having a good (and safe) night’s sleep with your baby
- Breastfeeding toddlers and beyond
- Attachment parenting: how it builds your baby’s brain
You can also share some of Sarah’s own experiences, including the gentle births of her four children, and her many years of breastfeeding and gentle mothering.
Click here to order Dr Buckley’s best-selling book, Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering: A Doctor’s Guide to Natural Childbirth and Gentle Early Parenting Choices.
Also available from the webshop is my Giving Birth at Home ebook with a one-hour mp3 audio featuring Sarah talking about the safety and benefits of homebirth! See here .
“Hoorah for Sarah Buckley! Her strong, authoritative voice is sorely needed…”
Ina May Gaskin, midwife and author.
“Sarah Buckley is precious, because she is bilingual. She can speak the language of a mother who gave birth to her four children at home. She can also speak like a medical doctor. By intermingling the language of the heart and the scientific language she is driving the history of childbirth towards a radical and inspiring new direction.”
Michel Odent MD, author and natural birth pioneer